You have no items in your shopping cart
These candles from KunstIndustrien are attractive and colourful. The colour is solid and the candles are hand-dipped, because of this handicraft the candles can always differ slightly. Combine different colors into a beautiful collection. Read more..
These candles from KunstIndustrien are attractive and colourful. The colour is solid and the candles are hand-dipped, because of this handicraft the candles can always differ slightly. Combine different colors into a beautiful collection.
These candles have been handmade in Denmark since 1975 by a family on the west coast of Jutland who strives for uncompromising quality. The colors are solid, which makes them more aesthetically pleasing and different from the majority of colored candles available elsewhere.
The candles are at their thickest approx. Ø1.3cm, they are slightly narrower at the bottom, so that they easily fit in a candlestick. The length is 28cm plus wick and the candle burns for about 5 hours. The candles are made from fully refined paraffin to ensure clean burning.
The candles fit perfectly in the Ø1,3cm Square and Circle candlesticks from KunstIndustrien, but also in most standard dinner candlesticks.
NOTE: shiny spots on a candle: You may recognize this with candles that you already have at home, then you take a candle out of the box and it shines here and there. This is because the candles lie against each other or because of the surface on which they lie or because of the handling of the candles. This can cause shiny spots on the outside of the candle. This is easily removed by holding the candle by the wick and wrapping a cloth around it and pulling the candle up. This will make the shiny spots disappear and the candle will regain its semi-matte look.
Candles complete dinner, but also lunch or breakfast, at the table. Candles give atmosphere and are therefore indispensable on the table. Choose the color candles with your tableware or tablecloth and napkins to make it one whole. Choose one type of candle or choose different sizes for a more playful effect.
View the complete collection of candles from KunstIndustrien.
1. Make sure the wick of the candle is no more than 1 cm long before lighting the candle. The candle will burn longer with a shorter wick and leakage will be prevented.
2. Extinguish your candle by dipping the wick into the liquid wax. This way you avoid the candle leaking and the candle is much easier to light the next time you use it.
3. Candles with a diameter of 8.5 cm and above should be trimmed. This means that you either gently press the edge inwards against the flame or cut off the edge. Both should be done within a few minutes of the candle being extinguished and while the wax is still soft.
A 10.5 cm candle can be left burning without trimming, this creates a lantern-like feeling. As a result, there is a chance that eventually the candle will flicker a bit. This is because it becomes increasingly short of oxygen, the further it burns. You can minimize this by making a few decorative holes in the wall of the candle at the height of the wick.
4. Never place the candle in a drafty area (window ceiling with old windows, above a stove, close to a vent or fan, in open doorways/hallways, etc.) - this will cause the candle to run, or more towards one side burn, or both.
5. Never use an outdoor candle indoors. If you do this, you run the risk of the candle dripping, which will settle into furniture and carpets.
Outdoor candles should also NOT be used in lanterns - even if placed outside - as they are considered indoor and enclosed spaces. Use an indoor candle instead! Outdoor candles may only be used in free open outdoor areas.